Municipality: Emnambithi – Ladysmith
Colenso Tourist Information
District Municipality: Uthukela District Municipality
36 Sir George Street
Phone number: 036-422-2111
Fax number: 036-422-2227
Colenso is named after Bishop John William Colenso.
Also see the
Tugela Drift Nature Reserve. The Old Toll House, built in 1879 serves as the RE Stevenson Museum.
Colenso is also known as eSkipeni (Zulu for Place of the Boat). The town was founded in 1855 and became a municipality in 1958. During the Anglo-Boer War Colenso was used as a base by the British Army. The Battle of Colenso was fought on 15 December 1899
and Disclaimer | Contact us
© 2005 SA Routes, Bookings and Info Systems